Nittany News Lehigh Valley

The Best Day For Music

4 Albums, 1 Day

Matt Miller, Staff Writer

August 25, 2017 was a great day for rap/ hip hop fans. 4 big artists released albums; Lil Uzi Vert, MadeInTyo, Xxxtentacion, and A$AP Mob. Uzi dropped “LUV is Rage 2”, Tyo dropped “True’s World EP”, X dropped “17”, and A$AP Mob dropped “Cozy Tapes Vol 2”.

“LUV is Rage”, was one of Uzi’s best albums and the sequel album didn’t disappoint. It’s definitely something you can put on in the car and bump to. He talks about failed relationships like in “Feelings Mutual”, but he also talks about the new lavish life that he now lives like in “Sauce It Up”. This 16 song album has a lot of hits. Some of the best songs are “Sauce it Up”, “UnFazed”, “X”, “Pretty Miami”, and “Early 20 Rager”. I would rate this as his second-best album in his career so far. This is definitely worth taking the time to listen to.

MadeInTyo isn’t as popular as he should be, he’s majorly slept on. His flow and lyrics are amazing and it shows in this EP. This only has six songs on it, but all six really good. He opens up with the song “True’s World” which talks about his life and the come up he made. “Depends” is an interesting song that is about him making decisions. For example, one line of the hook is, “Louie or the Gucci, it depends”. “Cashing out” is a song that is about Tyo’s money and women. It’s beat and lyrics are really catchy which makes it one of the best songs on this EP. “Too Quick” is my favorite song on this. It’s about how he gets bored with what he has too fast so he constantly has to get new things. The hook is really catchy which makes this song great. So this Ep is really something that everyone should hear along with MadeInTyo’s previous works.

Xxxtentacion has made a name for himself with not only his music but his personality, too. His album, “17”, is an album that is filled with the artist’s pain, trauma, and misery. He put all of his emotions into each song and you find out how damaged X really is. The night before this album dropped, he caught the attention of a lot of people by posting on Instagram a video of him hanging himself which he says is for the music video of one of the songs. That just gives a basic overlook of what this album consists of. I personally didn’t like this album that much but everyone has their own taste.

Lastly, “Cozy Tapes Vol 2” was a highly anticipated album. This 17 song album had a very big feature list of Frank Ocean, Quavo, Playboi Carti, Gucci Mane, and Lil Yachty. This is definitely an album you can put on shuffle and not have to skip the songs you don’t like because almost every song on this album was a hit. Some of the best songs on here are “Blowin’ Minds”, “Perry Aye”, “Coziest”, and “Bahamas”. I think all of the features on this album is what makes it so good. Playboi Carti’s verse on “Perry Aye” and Yachty’s verse on “Bahamas” is what separates the songs from being good and being average. So, taking the time to listen to this album will definitely be worth your while. So August 25 was overall a good day to just chill and listen to all the new music.

• The Best Day For Music

Arts & Culture

Annual Etiquette Dinner

• Arts & Culture

Got Free Time?

• The Best Day For Music

Arts & Culture

Smartphones in the classroom: The Good, the Bad, and The Ugly.

• The Best Day For Music

Arts & Culture

Spotify vs Apple Music: What’s the Superior Streaming Service?

• The Best Day For Music

Arts & Culture

America for the Win!

• The Best Day For Music

Arts & Culture

The Music Industry Is VERY Picky About THIS Guitar

• The Best Day For Music

Arts & Culture

Dear Hate.. A Maren Morris Original

• The Best Day For Music

Arts & Culture

Art in Nature

• Arts & Culture

Welcome FALL! Welcome ALL!

• The Best Day For Music

Arts & Culture

Celebrity Makeup

The Student News Site of Penn State Lehigh Valley
The Best Day For Music