Nittany News Lehigh Valley

Celebrity Makeup

Everyone is talking about Rihanna's new makeup line.

Back to Article
Back to Article

Celebrity Makeup

Courtesy of Flickr

Courtesy of Flickr

Courtesy of Flickr

Nadine Sabbagh, Staff writer

Some celebrities are going in a different direction than what they’re known for. Over the past couple of years, makeup has been a very big trend for females. Even younger girls are applying makeup at such an early age. All these new products that claim to work wonders have been dropping at beauty stores. Some believe makeup boosts a women’s confidence. What more does the makeup industry need? Celebrities making their own lines!

The first to start was Kylie Cosmetics. Kylie Jenner grew up on T.V. on “Keeping up With The Kardashians.” When people started noticing how nice her makeup looked on social media and asked what products she used to plump her lips, she started selling lip kits. Then, her line started to grow. She now sells eye shadow pallets, highlight kits, eyeliners, and more! I got some of her products, I really wasn’t much of a fan. Yet, the world seemed to love her products and her line has been a great success.

To add onto that, her sister Kim Kardashian also started her own makeup line. Kim Kardashian West’s “KKW Beauty” was launched in June. Kardashian is known for her flawless contour and highlights, so naturally, she started off selling highlight and contour cream sticks. They sold out fast. Over time, people would ask for more so she continued with the highlighting and contouring concept and powder pallets. I have personally never used them but they have been such a huge trend on social media.

What has people talking the most is what dropped at Sephora two days ago…Fenty Beauty by Rihanna. Rihanna is a singer and has been working on her makeup line for years. She started off with so many different products that I absolutely love, they give such a beautiful flawless look. Fenty offers foundations for all types of different skin types and shades, as well as contour sticks, similar to Kim Kardashians’. The difference with Rihanna’s line is that it offers a variety of makeup for different skin types unlike Kylie Cosmetics and KWW Beauty. I’m sure Kim Kardashian and Kylie Jenner weren’t too happy with Rihanna’s  launch because might threaten to their lines. I think it’s very interesting to see different makeup products being made by different celebrities.

• Celebrity Makeup

Arts & Culture

Annual Etiquette Dinner

• Arts & Culture

Got Free Time?

• Celebrity Makeup

Arts & Culture

Smartphones in the classroom: The Good, the Bad, and The Ugly.

• Celebrity Makeup

Arts & Culture

Spotify vs Apple Music: What’s the Superior Streaming Service?

• Celebrity Makeup

Arts & Culture

America for the Win!

• Celebrity Makeup

Arts & Culture

The Music Industry Is VERY Picky About THIS Guitar

• Celebrity Makeup

Arts & Culture

Dear Hate.. A Maren Morris Original

• Celebrity Makeup

Arts & Culture

Art in Nature

• Arts & Culture

Welcome FALL! Welcome ALL!

• Celebrity Makeup

Arts & Culture

Music Review of Taylor Swift’s “Look What You Made Me Do”

The Student News Site of Penn State Lehigh Valley
Celebrity Makeup