The Student News Site of Penn State Lehigh Valley

Merrymead Farm

Bring Your Family & Enjoy!

October 11, 2017

If you are looking for a fun family oriented place to go for the fall season, then I highly recommend the Merrymead Farm in Worcester Township. This is a family owned dairy farm and farm market that specializes in producing and processing milk. This farm is also on of Pennsylvania’s Century Farms and has been run by the same family for over 100 years, but they opened their doors to the community in 1971. The cows at the farm supply the National Quality Award Winning Milk, which is sold and used for their baked goods and ice cream.

They are having their 34th Annual Harvest Weekends in the month of October which last from 11:00 AM to 5:00 PM. They provide many activities for people of all ages; such as a 5-acre corn maze, cornstalk tunnel, day and evening hayrides, pumpkin picking, a bouncy house, pumpkin painting, face painting, children’s games, etc. On September 29th, they held The Lighting of “The Great Pumpkin” and provided storytelling and hayrides. This event kicked off their Annual Harvest Days.

Besides the activities, you can also see the farm life. There are ducks, cows, sheep, bunnies, peacocks, goats, pigs, and donkeys. They also sell delicious cider donuts, caramel apples, whoopee pies, cinnamon buns, shoo fly pie, pumpkin rolls, etc. However, since they are known for their milk, I highly recommend their ice cream.

This farm has special highlights for every season. In the winter, starting Thanksgiving weekend, they will be providing Christmas trees, decorations, their old fashion Eggnog, Weaver’s Fresh Turkey, fresh baked donuts, etc. In the spring, they will have an array of flowers and vegetables; such as hyacinths, tulips, daffodils, pansies, primrose, tomato plants, herbs, etc. Their plants come from greenhouses hat use environmentally friendly techniques to produce quality plants. They also have a day for children to meet the Easter bunny in April. During the summer time, this farm provides a variety of fresh produce. They sell tomatoes, zucchini, strawberries, blueberries, peaches, etc. The baker also utilizes these produce to make delicious pies and muffins. This is also the best season to try out their ice creams.