You’ve Been Waiting For This

The ultimate final exam preparation guide to success

Back to Article
Back to Article

You’ve Been Waiting For This

credit to theodysseyonline.com

credit to theodysseyonline.com

credit to theodysseyonline.com

credit to theodysseyonline.com

Justin Gallagher, Staff Writer

So, midterms are basically over. There may be one or two more left for some students, but in general, the damage has been done. After you recuperate from the most-likely devastating grades received on CANVAS, you are hit with a wake up call… It’s time to start preparing for those final exams. Here’s the go-to guide for acing final exams with ease:

Calendar; credit to roanokechowan.edu

1. Firstly, create the master schedule that your “lazy and procrastinating” self will hate, but your “just recently graduated and now searching for a job” self will thank you for down the road. Test dates, study dates, class dates, eating hours, sleeping hours, etc., will all need to be included in this simple, yet drastically important calendar that your parents bought you on the previous Christmas. You, along with your other friends won’t have a social life for about one-and-a-half to two weeks, so don’t worry about including that into your schedule.Papers everywhere; credit to sweetestpinoydeals.blogspot.com
  2. Gather all past materials that correspond to the class. This includes (but is not limited to) any text books, study guides, class work, practice exams, previous exams, and those notes you took while half asleep.
  3. Study in order from “Definitely” vs. “Probably” vs “Might” be on the test (credit to The Princeton Review). When your high school teacher said something along the lines of, “the things I say more than once are most likely going to be on the quiz”, they weren’t lying. Also, when your professor writes terms/ideas on the board, you can bet money it will be on the exam.sleeping student; credit to helpguide.org
  4. The final, and most important step of all is to get some sleep. No matter how many all-nighters you pull in a row before your exam date hits, you will not retain any decent information. The only intelligent info you may keep in mind is how tired you are and how badly you need sleep.

There you have it. Now that you have the tools to boost your barely-passing grade in Math 140, it’s time to put them into effect… Or you can just continue binge-watching Shameless all night.