Nittany News Lehigh Valley

The Start of a New Club?

A group of students hope to bring back board games to campus!

Back to Article
Back to Article

The Start of a New Club?

Devon Strawdinger, Staff Writer

While waiting for a class to begin, on a Wednesday, I stumbled upon a group of students that were all in a room laughing. I confronted the gentlemen and they said that they are considering on revitalizing the “Table-Top” club. The old table-top club was disbanded from the previous president due to moving out to main campus. The table-top club would be a club all about whats in the name, playing table top games.  Have you ever played monopoly? cards? UNO? The table-top club would specialize in getting students together and playing a variety of table-top games together in an environment that is both friendly and competitive.

My curiosity led me to research the benefits of board games that it could have on people. As it turns out, there are a lot of benefits that people could get from playing board games! To start, most board games are built to challenge people in critical thinking. These critical thinking skills can be see in the tactics, strategies, and execution of both of these. This can be translated to help with decision making that is required of every day life outside of just the game. If we boil it down even further, we find that even some of the simple things we require in life are the basis of table-top games. Following rules, loosing, planning ahead, and morality, just to name a few. The table-top club would be open for anyone to come and you wouldn’t need to be a member to come and play a game or two with some people.

I asked the group what their thoughts are on remaking the Table Top club.

“The Table Top club” would be cool. We just recently started getting together on Wednesdays and so far, it’s been awesome. It’s a cool way for all of us to hang out and have fun while we do something other than homework,” said Justin Morgandale.

“I wouldn’t say that we are a club yet, but I can definitely see it becoming one. Right now we are just a bunch of friends that are getting together to hang out. Though it would be cool to have other people join us in playing different games,” said Hunter Maloney.

• The Start of a New Club?

Campus Life

Etiquette and an Exquisite Meal

• The Start of a New Club?

Campus Life

Have Nothing To Do During Common Hour? Try One Of These Things!

• The Start of a New Club?

Campus Life

Getting Involved

• Campus Life

Agriculture Career Fair

• The Start of a New Club?

Campus Life

A Working College Student

• The Start of a New Club?

Campus Life

PSULV’s Ping Pong Tournament

• The Start of a New Club?

Campus Life

Fun Fall Activities in the Valley

• The Start of a New Club?

Campus Life

Geographical Illiteracy in Penn State

• The Start of a New Club?

Campus Life

Merrymead Farm

• The Start of a New Club?

Campus Life

Blue and White Society Annual Bash

The Student News Site of Penn State Lehigh Valley
The Start of a New Club?