Nittany News Lehigh Valley

Getting Involved

PSU LV offers a wide variety of clubs for everyone to enjoy.

Back to Article
Back to Article

Getting Involved

Brochure board for club information

Brochure board for club information

Brochure board for club information

Brochure board for club information

Matthew Young, Staff Writer

There are so many ways to get involved on campus. Although there are things like tutoring in the learning center and helping out at the campus gym, one of the most popular things to do is joining a club. Penn State LV offers a huge selection of clubs and from things like ski club, to THON, to student government, there is something that everyone can enjoy. But if you somehow do not find something you like, don’t worry, you can always start your own club on campus.

How do you join a club? Well, there is a large brochure board on the second floor near the lounge with information on every club, and there are also many advertisements for club activities posted throughout campus. Joining is one of the best things you can do, not only will you meet new people, but you will also get to participate in different and fun activities. For example, if you like cars, car club held a car show a couple of weeks ago and they had an amazing turn out. Also, if you like video games, there is a club that participates in different video game conventions and they also just play for fun.

When asked how he thought joining a club, specifically student government, benefited him, freshman Joey Reno said, “The club helped me gain friends with the same interests.” So, if you can’t find too many people that have a lot in common with you, just join a club you like and you will definitely meet new people.

Joining a club is not only a place to meet friends though, clubs can also give you leadership experience that many companies look for on resumes. When joining a club, you can work your way up into a leadership position, like a treasurer or even president, and lead the club. Almost every company will look for leadership experience and extra curricular activities, just as much as they will look at grades. So, don’t think that a club is just a place to meet friends, it can and will help build your resume and make you more appealing to employers.

In all, if you are not already in a club, or are in a club and looking for more things to do, join another club and have fun, meet new people, and gain leadership skills.

• Getting Involved

Campus Life

Etiquette and an Exquisite Meal

• Getting Involved

Campus Life

Have Nothing To Do During Common Hour? Try One Of These Things!

• Campus Life

Agriculture Career Fair

• Getting Involved

Campus Life

A Working College Student

• Getting Involved

Campus Life

PSULV’s Ping Pong Tournament

• Getting Involved

Campus Life

Fun Fall Activities in the Valley

• Getting Involved

Campus Life

The Start of a New Club?

• Getting Involved

Campus Life

Geographical Illiteracy in Penn State

• Getting Involved

Campus Life

Merrymead Farm

• Getting Involved

Campus Life

Blue and White Society Annual Bash

The Student News Site of Penn State Lehigh Valley
Getting Involved