Nittany News Lehigh Valley

Agriculture Career Fair

Cecilyn Lehman, Staff writer

On October 10th, 7 students from Penn State Lehigh Valley went on their way to University Park to earn internships, experience, and the chance to score their dream job. University Park was hosting the annual career fair at the Bryce Jordan center, with over 400 different employers and firms. Satellite campuses all over PA converged on Bryce Jordan center, for all students’ majoring in the College of Agriculture. Students wandered the center in search of the internships they wished to apply for. Many students faced the nervousness expected of individuals meeting employers for the first time. Each individual dressed in business formal attire and held numerous copies of their resumes. When looking for employers, it was important students did homework on the companies they wished to speak to. Preparation like this helped individuals to be more confident and informed about available internships. Employers ranged from wildlife conservationist, landscaping companies, to vaccine producers.  Many employers were happy to speak to individuals and provide a wealth of information for prospective students.  I myself left with a promise of a DMV Officer Position once I complete my degree for the US Army. After meeting employers and gaining experience, students were treated to a buffet lunch with mentors talking to us about our degrees and plans of study. After lunch all students were able to meet with the adviser of their major and discuss classes to take and life at UP. Penn State made internships and experience incredibly accessible to Ag science majors and I would encourage anyone able to, to go next year and get a head start on their future.

The Student News Site of Penn State Lehigh Valley
Agriculture Career Fair