The Night that is to DIE for

College students everywhere look for the all the parties to hit up on #halloweekend. This was one of ours, and it could be one of yours next year!

Valeria Nicole, Reporter/Writer

Every year, on October 31st in Bethlehem, college students and those who have not outgrown their trick-or-treating phase have one of the liveliest (or deadliest?) Halloween events right in their backyard: The annual Zombie Ball. This year marks the 5th Annual Zombie Ball at ArtsQuest. The night is 18+, with a live DJ, a live aerial performance, and even a bouncy house! My fellow Nittany News members Emely Peña, Natalia Nieves and I decided to take on the ball that somehow still wasn’t known as the event of the night, and let us say, it is definitely to die for. You can even win the best costume and/or best couples costume, but don’t worry you could be something more than a brain eater!

College students from the valley and surrounding college campuses love the fun-filled night and always return with more friends, year after year. Throughout the evening, we interviewed some of the attendees to pick their BRAINS on it all.

Interviewees

Emely Pena
The first vampires spotted of the night!

Interviewees

Emely Pena
The murdered lovers! Local college students from Moravian College dressed as murdered husband and wife. This is also their first year attending, and say excitedly that they can’t wait for the rest of the night.

Interviewees

Emely Pena
The three kitties! Girls just want to have fun was their slogan for the night! Ours too!

Interviewees

Emely Pena
The meddling kids! Velma attended the ball last year, and thought it was a great idea to bring the whole crew this year!

Interviewees

Emely Pena
Your childhood.
These guys, from Macungie, were dressed like everyone’s childhood and were dancing the night away when we asked to interview them. They learned about this deadly event through Facebook, and wanted to check what the buzz was all about! They don’t regret it.

In addition to murdered lovers and a live (we hope!) DJ, the night included an aerial performance from acrobat, Shanon Woodley.

The night was spooky, fun-filled and lively! We can definitely be up for this next year! Don’t forget to invite your friends!