Penn State Lehigh Valley Hosts Virtual Concert

Joe Eckstein, Senior Writer

On April 30, Penn State Lehigh Valley held a virtual concert to celebrate the end of the semester.

Prior to the COVID-19 breakout, the group Negative 25 planned to perform live at the Finally Finished Festival.

Patrick Cassidy, Coordinator of Student Life at Penn State Lehigh Valley, wanted to make the best out of a tough situation.

“We still wanted to make Finally Finished happen this semester,” Cassidy said. “We figured it would be cool to move forward with our original plan as best as possible.”

To try and combat with the coronavirus, the concert shifted over to the streaming application, Twitch, where any PSULV student could attend virtually.

“When we moved to remote learning due to COVID-19, [Negative 25’s] agent reached out to me and said they could do a virtual show,” Cassidy said.

This is Negative 25’s first time ever being involved with Penn State Lehigh Valley. Cassidy and members of the Campus Activities Board saw them perform at the Association for the Promotion of Campus Activities conference in Hershey, Pennsylvania. For Cassidy, the group is very reminiscent to that of Mumford & Sons and Twenty-One Pilots.

The men behind Negative 25 are Bradley and Brett Anderson, formerly under the group Brother Brother. As of now, Negative 25 has three singles that can be streamed from Apple Music, Spotify, and YouTube. They released their most recent track “Comatose,” on April 10.